Bhagwan Rajneesh famously known as Osho was Indian spiritual guru.
Here is an attempt to understand important markings present on his palm.
- Long fingers with knots on proximal interphalangeal joints
- Excessively joined head and lifeline in the initial period
- Presence of Island mark at the start of the headline and lifeline (marked in a blue circle)
- The long headline on the right palm
- Presence of Island mark at the end of the headline (marked in red circle)
- Presence of island mark on the lifeline (marked by the green circle)
- Expansion of mount of Venus, known as thenar eminence, on both palms (marked by a red line)
- Long little finger
- Long fingers with knots on proximal inter-phalangeal joints— indicating analytical and deep thinking abilities also love for philosophy. Osho was M.A. in philosophy with distinction.
- Excessively joined head and lifeline in initial period —- Here headline appears to cling to the lifeline. It is more prolonged on the left palm than on right. This point towards the preoccupation with suffering and death. Osho had witnessed the death of his grandfather and father at a very young age. On prediction given by one astrologer that every 7 yrs there is a threat to his life, at the age of 14 yrs he remained alone in the temple for 7 days and waited for his death.
- Presence of Island mark at the start of the headline and lifeline (marked in the blue circle) —- This is the sign showing inherited disease. Osho mentions “… My diabetes is my inheritance. My great-grandfather had it, my grandfather had it, my father had it, I have it, all my uncles have it, all my brothers have it. It seems to be something intrinsic, so it cannot be cured; it can only be kept in control.” (The last testament Vol.3 Chapter 17).
- The long headline on right palm —–This is another sign along with point no.1 indicating the philosophically inclined person. From very young age Osho developed an intense interest in philosophy. He had a collection of around 1,50,000 of books. He claimed to have read them all. When he decided to do a bachelors degree in philosophy, his family members objected to it. When everyone questioned why he wanted to study philosophy, he said, “The reason is that my whole life I am going to fight against philosophers. I have to know everything about them.” Such line does make people argumentative and stubborn also. With the presence of strong Venus and the long headline like this one, he could generate new ideas and promote them successfully.
- Presence of Island mark at the end of the headline (marked in red circle) — It indicates poor judgement in ideas and business.
- Presence of island mark on the lifeline (marked by a green circle)— This is indications of deteriorating health he had after 1985.
- Expansion of mount of Venus, known as thenar eminence, on both palms (marked by a red line) — Venus mount is bulging with expanded in size and pushing lifeline. This is an indication of a luxurious life he had after 1980. Osho was fond of luxurious and expensive watches, hats, the latest gadgets and cars etc. He also blended sexuality with spirituality. As mentioned in point number 4, the presence of strong venus and the long headline he generated new radical ideas which made him famous and controversial as well.
- Long little fingers—- He was orator par excellence. With his immense knowledge of philosophy, he could give many examples, stories to explain his points in his talks.
These are some of the important marks present on the right palm of Osho. Students and lovers of palmistry can learn many things from his palm. I will try to add interesting points present on his left palm in a future article.